Getting Started in the Major
- Major Completion Forms
- Finding a Senior Thesis Advisor: over 80 faculty members are affiliated with or teach courses in Environmental Studies. Check out the complete affiliated faculty list here!
Fellowships and Internships
Popular Environmental Internships and Research Opportunities:
- Summer Environmental Fellowship (SEF) Information
- Select Fellowships for Summer Funding
- General Environmental Internship Resources
- Past EVST Student Intern Hosts
- Yale Student Grants and Internships Database
- Yale Center for International Experience
Environmental Career Resources
- Yale F&ES Career Services and Environmental Career Events: Yale undergraduates interested in environmental careers are encouraged to attend Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies career info sessions and recruiting fairs.
Yale College - School of Forestry & Environmental Studies Five Year Program
The Joint Yale College - School of Forestry & Environmental Studies Baccalaureate and Master’s degree program is a five-year program that is designed for undergraduate students who want to pursue a career in an environmental field. The program is designed to provide well-prepared Yale College students with accelerated graduate training in environmental science, management, and policy. Graduates from the School’s master’s degree programs have become highly successful leaders within government, corporations, non-profit organizations, and academia.
All Yale College students pursuing either a B.A. or B.S. degree in Yale College are eligible to apply for either a Master of Environmental Management (MEM) or Master of Environmental Science (MESc) degree, regardless of major. Normally the School awards master’s degrees following two years of graduate study and admission is offered only to those holding a bachelors degree. This program accelerates the master’s degree program through careful integration of undergraduate curriculum with graduate requirements.Yale College students interested in the five-year joint degree program should apply to the program at the end of the fall semester of their senior year.
Applicants interested in applying to the MESc should make an appointment to talk to the F&ES Office of Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying.