Carbon Containment Lab is hiring part-time student research assistants for the 2021-2022 academic year!
The internship will begin 9/13/21 and end 5/11/21. Interns will be paid $15.15/hour. The deadline to apply is August 20, 2021. Please visit the Yale Student Employment Office website to submit an application.
Student research assistants will help create cutting-edge solutions to tackle the challenge of climate change. They will support multiple projects in implementing natural climate solutions, and research specific topics according to students’ interests, skillsets, and the CC Lab’s needs.
Tasks will include:
- Structuring research and analyzing data on topics such as: negative emissions technologies, post-wildfire reforestation, geologic carbon storage, market landscaping of existing technologies, legal and regulatory issues, and policy drivers
- Interviewing subject matter experts and practitioners in the US and internationally
- Reporting on progress to the CC Lab team and partners on a regular basis
- Participating in other Lab activities, fieldwork, writing, and administrative tasks as needed
- Flexible, creative thinker, and able to interpret and communicate data, science, and trends across varied fields
- Desire to tackle the climate crisis with innovative and interdisciplinary approaches
- Experience conducting background research and literature reviews
- Experience in finding and analyzing data. Bonus points if you’re familiar with ArcGIS and R or Python, or willing to learn
- Organized and with good attention to detail
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Familiar with MS Office Suite, Dropbox, Zoom
- Knowledge of economics, spatial analysis, chemical or environmental engineering, environmental management, environmental justice, communications, writing, or legal analysis as they relate to carbon containment (preferred)
- Open to Yale College juniors and seniors, PhD students, and Masters (SOM, MEM, MF) students